The Medela Swing Maxi is a gentle double electric version of the popular Swing single breast pump, that feels like real breastfeeding.
It is quiet, discreet, stylish and gently efficient thanks to it’s natural 2-phase pumping program, with finger touch vacuum control.
Phase 1 gently imitates your baby’s initial rapid suckling to stimulate a fast let-down. When that happens… the Phase 2 rhythm mimics your baby’s slower, deeper suckling to maximize milk flow in less time.
The result: quicker, gentler, more comfortable pumping, faster let-down and maximum milk flow in the shortest time.
The Benefits from Double Pumping
Simultaneous breast expression compared to single or sequential pumping can be summarized as:
1) Up to 18% more milk compared to single pumping in a pumping session when sequentially pumping on both breasts.
2) 80% of the milk volume can be removed in the first 6 minutes.
3) Provides milk with higher energy content, which is especially important for preterm babies.
4) High energy content indicates increased breast drainage, thereby assisting in the maintenance of lactation.
5) Increased levels of prolactin – leading to increased milk output.
6) Twice as fast as single pumping to get the same amount of breastmilk.
Pump Strong Ladies